Wednesday 11 June 2014

Fiji 3



Ages ago - last year some time I started to show you all the clothes that I made for Fiji but I never got through showing you all the lovely sewing. I have a reason for showing you now see this will be post 99 for me on my blog and I have something a little special for my 100th post...


Okay starting here with a go to signature dress
I adapted the sleeves from this tutorial. I love this dress as does my little one. Perfect for the beach. 

The one thing that I have against it is it looks too good. I don't know if you know what I mean by that... It looks like I could have bought it off the rack. That's good as in I know my sewing is as good as what I can buy. But the thing is what is then the point, the dress is not something that is individual that is designed just for my daughter and suits just her personality... 

We do love it though and will definitely make it again for over swimmers but maybe a new pattern and appliques. 

This dress on the other hand screams one off. It is all in the fabric mermaids swimming with whales- just the thing for a tropical escape. I wish I had some clearer photos to show you of our oliver + s Badminton dress. A beautiful pattern as all oliver + s patterns seem to be. Next summer I think I will make the top length in a floral...

The final thing I made for our trip was bags. A big effort but well worth it. Everyone got to choose fabric and I can for see them being used for many years into the future. This bag is Amy Butlers weekender and it was plenty big enough to fit all of the kids things in them for a full weeks stay with plenty of space left over. How pretty is this? The boys chose bugs in jars and Aliens and I love them all. I love that they so look like themselves.

Well I guess I will leave Fiji there, it is sad that it was almost a year ago now but the memories are still strong...


Bye bye Fiji.

No comments:

Post a Comment