Sunday, 22 January 2012
I have been following an experimental vein with my smocking. I have taken all the dress parts that I like and have been adding them to this dress that I will hopefully finish in time for the Canberra show. Eventually it should be worn for Christmas this year but it has a long way to go.
Each little flower choice seems to take me forever to make and you can tell how far away finishing is when you realise that the pink flowers should make a pretty grid pattern like the trellis base. I have tried almost every embroidery stitch I knew and some that I didn't to find flowers that were delicate enough, all the little billions just looked too bulky. It is just starting to look nice and hopefully adding flower centers, stems and leaves it will look as pretty as in my imagination.