Friday 28 March 2014

Mine craft boys sewing.

Ok so I am going to share with you one of my very good Mummy moments. A new school year means new library bags and I though I should get a wiggle on since term one is drawing to a close. Last years my boys were obsessed with Trashies so that is the library bags we made

This year it is mine craft and I was struck with inspiration. I got lots of colours and cut them into 2 1/2 inch squares. Got the boys a pillow case each as an easel and left them to their own devices to come up with minecraft pictures. I then sewed them together and made them into new library bags. I would not usually whip up mini quilts like this but is was just too good an idea to let go of.

This is a Enderman carrying a brick of sand. For those in the know, instantly recognisable, if you don't follow minecraft maybe it is a stretch.


The other is a ravine library bag. This is a special location where you can find a lot of treasure. The boys love them. They were very proud to take them to school- all a Mummy could hope for. They did turn out rather odd sizes due to the creative nature of  the design. To make up for it I turned them into draw string bags so the size is not as noticeable.

I am not so excited about the left over squares as I know I really should be letting the boys put together more. You may see some new projects soon. 

I did  manage to use a grand total of 18 in a birthday present for my nephew. I found this idea over here. She used fabric paint but I did not have any and could not see why I could not use fabric. It worked well I think and was well received. 


So much minecraft... but we have all had fun...

2 comments:

  1. Certainly has been received well - on Wednesday our school is having a mufti day. The children are supposed to wear what makes them happy - Lucas will be wearing the chicken shirt :)

    ReplyDelete