Wednesday 29 August 2012

Babies sun dress with scallops.

I don't go to many 1st birthday parties as my children have gotten older and since I have a little more time on my hands. I used to just duck out to the shops and pick something up. We are going to a party this weekend for a darling little girl Eva and I have been busy. I don't think it will fit properly until around Christmas but that is just as well as this is a very light dress and by then it will be warmer. It will probably also work better for a confident walker as it comes own to the knees. I picked up the fabric at Spotlight last week I went to get broderie thinking you can only really use that when you are making for babies but could not go past this old fashioned duo.

I am definitely heavily into scallops. Any hem and I can not resist :-) For this one I managed little delicate scallops as suit a little delicate girl.


 I also added the surprise element. Did you spot it? I used a different fabric on the hidden side of the scallop, you should only get a glimpse occasionally but so sweet and feminine with the matching pink and white stripes.

There is also a matching sun bonnet. This pattern was thanks to Enid Gilchrist. She has such lovely old fashioned things. I had a bonnet made from this pattern for Ophelia when she was tiny. Back then I found it annoying as she was still bald and there is that cute little hole in the middle that allowed her to still get burnt but little Eva has a full head of hair so I figure it should be fine for her.


So there you have it. My babies sun dress with scallops. Do you like?

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous dress and hat!!! Beautiful fabric combination...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scallops look so sweet !! Hopping over from the fab folds challenge..Your newest follower. Do visit me on my blog when you find time.Have a nice day
    http://thehobbyharbor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete