My sewing is undergoing a strange period right now. I have somehow broken my over locker and smocking machine and so have limited options with what I can make. I find it immensely frustrating but have discovered that I can still make cloaks that have been on my to do list for a while as all the seams are internal so don't need serging.
I have made two, the first is ready for winter from Oliver & S . It is the little red riding hood cloak and I have wanted to make it since I saw it. At the end of last year I go some red wool in the sales and have been waiting for cooler weather before commencing this project.
I have been having a terrible time convincing my kids to have a photo lately so the photos in this post are under sufferance.
I made this one 5 inches longer and raised the height of the arm holes. It went fairly well and I do think will be lovely and warm when it gets a little colder. It has a lot of snazzy seams which give it shape and make it look quite tailored.
I also made a dress up cloak for my nephew's birthday. As you can see I have made quite a few now, the new one is the red one below. This pattern is so easy I love it and the kids have a belief they can turn invisible in them :-). I got this one from growing up sew liberated, I find that book has so many great projects, I have only made one other (the tee pee) but I have plans if I can find the right materials...
The pattern for this is two lovely pieces and today it was finished in under an hour including the cutting out, hope he likes his too.