Friday 13 January 2012

Snow White

 I've been channelling Snow White. Maybe not the red and blue but those sweet sleeves. I never know what it will end up like when I use no pattern. I have an idea in my head and am usually disappointed in the reality. That is until I can rearrange my head.

I don't know why I chose to do it in knit when I have  zero experience but once I have worked out the bugs I think it will be really sweet. I think next time I am going the shorten the sleeves, reduce the arm hole and lengthen the whole thing so it is a dress. Maybe then I will also add inserts into the skirt to match the sleeves.

2 comments:

  1. Those sleeves look wonderful! Well done - did the knit fabric behave well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not puckered but the stitches are the least neat I have ever done. I talked to Mum and she reckons the thing to do is just use the overlocker, I mean to experiment with that today.

      Delete