Thursday 18 October 2012

Canadian smocking and teeth.


I have been discovering Canadian smocking. I never really knew what it was, just thought it was something that you would find of a pillow in the 70's but I have become fascinated with it. This was my first attempt. I can't believe how fast it is. Really it only took a couple of hours, the worst part is drawing the lines.

It is so three dimensional, that my fascination is trying to come up with new ways to use it. This test piece is probably destined to become a cushion but what the future holds...

Also the biggest news at our house is the tooth fairy is required at out house tonight. He came 2 nights ago for Darwin's first loss. The sweet boy really did loose his tooth so had to write the tooth fairy a letter. Jasper not to be out done lost two of his today so cough up Tooth Fairy :-) Milestones are so special and those baby teeth are so tiny.

1 comment: